ACADEMIC TEACHING activities
- Designing new Masters curriculum, with supporting documentation for quality assessment procedure (2017)
- Visiting Lecturer, School of Oriental and African Studies, London, UK (2016). Introduction to legal translation
- Visiting Lecturer, School of Communication and Culture, Aarhus University, Denmark (2016). Corpus linguistics applied to legal and financial translation
- Supervision of Master’s dissertation ‘Optimal communication in legal translation: Challenging but feasible’, University of Bristol, UK, awarded to candidate 2015
- Visiting Lecturer, Department of Legal Sciences, Language, Interpreting and Translation Studies, Università degli studi di Trieste, Italy (2015), Remote workshop on legal translation
- Legal translation modules, Master of Arts in Translation Studies (2013-14), University of Bristol, UK
- Consultancy regarding examination outcomes
- Visiting Lecturer, Faculty of Law, University of Zagreb, Croatia (2013), Corpus linguistics and legal terminology
- Examiner for the French Chamber of Commerce professional examinations in English
- Administered a TOEIC testing centre
- Participated in producing a CD-ROM to prepare the GCSE French examination
selected recent WORKSHOPS & SEMINARS delivered
- Summer school on Legal English for Lawyers, Worcester College, University of Oxford, UK (2013)
- Legal terminology workshop, Stridonium Professional Association, Hoog Holten, The Netherlands (2013)
At my language consultancy in France, from 1993-2006 I delivered tailor-made language-for-special-purposes training courses for all sizes of companies from multinationals to SMEs, primarily to management levels.
Examples include long-term training for in-house legal counsel on drafting language, differences between legal concepts, and contract terminology; or for chartered accountants and auditors working internationally on accounting standards, presentation of financial statements, and compliance procedures.
I continue to offer these highly specialised language programs at locations to suit clients and on an ad hoc basis.