An ongoing leitmotif
I regularly undertake training courses, as CPD is an enduring passion of mine. Lifelong learning and professional development are also among my research interests.
KEY CPD EVENTS ATTENDED RECENTLY
- Successful Bidding for Research Funds (2017), Missenden Centre Masterclasses, UK.
- Effective PhD Supervision (2017), John Wakeford, Development of Higher Education, UK.
- Emotional Intelligence – and your Emotional Quotient (EQ) – in collaborative working (2017). British Standards Institution, London, UK.
- Creating online courses with Moodle, (2016), Learn Moodle, Australia.
- Surveillance, client confidentiality, business and human rights (2016), Law Society of England & Wales joint seminar with the French Conseil National Des Barreaux, London, UK
- Commercial Law Summer School (2015), Fitzwilliam College, University of Cambridge, UK
- Reform of the Italian civil justice system (2015), Presentation from the Italian Minister of Justice, Law Society of England & Wales
- NVivo qualitative data analysis software, QDA Training
- Language Issues in EU Law in the Light of Croatian Accession (2013), Faculty of Law, University of Rijeka, Opatija, Croatia
- RELINE Legal Linguistics Network, seminar on The Application of Linguistic Methods in Legal and Socio-Legal Research, August 2013, Faculty of Law, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Socio-Legal Studies Association Postgraduate Conference January 9th-10th 2013, School of Law, University of Leicester, UK.
- British Association of Comparative Law, Postgraduate Workshop on Comparative Law, June 2012, Kent Law School, UK.
- Translation Research Summer School 2011, University of Manchester, UK
- RELINE Legal Linguistics Network, (2012) Communication and rhetoric in judicial settings, Faculty of Law, University of Copenhagen, Nyborg, Denmark